• New Enrolments
The Principal has a responsibility to ensure that the Catholic identity of the school is maintained and promoted so that parish schools can give priority in enrolment to students who are baptised Catholics.
Schools may also enrol students from other faith traditions whose families can demonstrate they share in the foundational values of the parish school.
Principals inform Parish Priests of accurate enrolment numbers of Catholics present in the school throughout the year.
The following priorities for enrolment at parish schools are recommended in policy:
- Catholic families of the Parish – who are known and involved members of the Parish.
- Catholic families of the Parish – who participate irregularly in the life and worship of the Parish.
- Other than Catholic Families committed to a Christian denomination – who seek a Catholic education and who currently have or have had children within the school.
- Other than Catholic families – who are open to the spiritual and religious possibilities offered by a Catholic school.
In order to finalise any enrolment process the following documentation must be submitted with the enrolment form.
1. Birth Certificate
2. Immunisation Certificate
3. Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
4. Current Family Court Orders (if applicable)
5. Relevant medical and/or special needs information
6. Report of assessment for speech, hearing, cognitive, O/T (if applicable)
7. Latest School Report
School Fees are compulsory and set by the Parish Finance Committee.
School Fee accounts are sent to families in each of the four terms throughout the year with payments able to be made in full, or regularly in either weekly, fortnightly or monthly amounts.
The School secretary can assist in preparing a repayment budget plan for families, should the need arise.
Funds collected from fees are used in the following ways:
· To purchase text books and stationery which are supplied to the children.
· To cover printing costs associated with pupil worksheets, newsletters, reports, notices etc.
· To maintain curriculum materials and equipment
· To cover the costs of employing – Secretary, Cleaner.
· To cover costs of loans, building and grounds maintenance.
· To cover small excursions and school presentations.